Monday, December 10, 2007

The Insidious Senior

Disclaimer: My thoughts, as rash as they are, are my own thoughts and opinions.

Not those of Monochromatic Rainbows.

Note: Lots of insults ahead, some of which are not the original manifestation of my brain.


Raised in a traditional Chinese family with Chinese values, I'm not one usually susceptible to moronic and pointless dishonorment of seniors and those older than me. But neither am I a coward hiding under a blanket of cowardice (thought I would emphasize the point in case I wasn't clear enough just how much of a non-coward I am).


I'm sorry I cannot say the same for "The Insidious Senior" whose ONE single action has left me with a strong feeling of abhorrence and indignation.


Before I unfold the sequence of today's events I must before give you a disclaimer: I'm a healthy girl of 16 years of age; a hormonal girl who might very well be overreacting about this situation but I am quite aware that neither am I a creature with staggeringly retarded perspicacity.


The Tale:

My mother gave me a Bible several years back; it was a leather NIV version, which I soon took a liking to. I wrote my name on the title page and my mother's but soon after I got a blood red/burgundy NKJV Bible. I am ashamed to say I much preferred this new one from then on and so left that leather NIV on my shelf one day. Earlier this year, my homeroom teacher required of us a Bible to be put under our school desk and so I brought my pastel orange NIV to school and placed it under my desk, which, to my agitation, soon disappeared. Fast forward several months and come today, 10th of December 2007 - I found it. I found it in Pak Purba's room, but it wasn't how it was before. I cannot form into words the extent of the damage. My friend L kindly photoed the images. From what previously was a Bible of relatively good conditions, it had now become this piece of masquerading ... something


I'm not the most ardent of Christians, but neither am I bereft of a conscience and a sense of decency (both of which this particular senior appears to lack).


We often mistreat our Bible, scribble on it, pile things on top of it, and other forms of negligence I'm sure our adolescent minds can cook up from here to the beyond, but this! this is far from negligent. In fact, this senior took measures to destroy it. I don't care at all if he IS an atheist, or Buddhist, or Muslim, or SATANIC even, I am just at complete loss at how this could happen at a supposedly Christian school.


I'm not suggesting he be suspended or anything of the sort, (some divine retribution, some divine intervention which would eventually lead to some pains, in his life would be perfectly acceptable)


Yet, I'm not God, nor do I have any sort of authority to punish him, that's fine, but I can mock him, can't I? So here I am: fuming, scheming, typing.


Dear Senior, If you're reading this, I would advise you to close your sorry little four-eyed eyes and go play hentai games/kill helpless animals or anything equally pathetic.


The thing is, you lied, I asked you, confronted you earlier this day and you lied. I was at the time unaware that you out of what petty little brain you have decide to write you name and GRADE on the side cover. I never really did suspect that the other person named 'R' in MY grade would do such a thing because you know why? Frankly he's smarter, he would realize that

a.) it's a Bible.

b.) destroying the Bible would anger someone.


But more than that, I knew that person had a modicum of respect for people's beliefs. Unlike you. Because that's what it amounts to: blatant disregard of people's property. And that property, IS A FREAKING BIBLE.


I do not care if you thought it was amusing, because if that what it was, amusement, a way to settle your boredom than you really are scum, fit to wiggle away the rest of your life among the lowest of the lowest.


Denial of your actions or even trivializing the matter just adds up to laughable cowardice.


And if you decide to mock me or ask the help of your friends, that's just horribly pathetic, I the lone short junior girl who have been scared refused backup from friends. (Because your pettiness did not deserve their attention despite their equally enraged emotions hearing your lack of ... numerous moral/ethical/human qualities.)


And no, I want nothing, nothing you do will appease me. An apology? Sure.


A replacement for my Bible, no, that's the only thing I do not want as a result. Verbal sparing, disagreements, bring it on. But I beg everyone not to stupidly appease me by giving me another Bible, because this isn't what it's all about at all.


It's about how someone could be so idiotic....., no I take that back, calling you an idiot would be horrible insult to actual idiots. I'm not simply enraged because of his contemptible conduct. It's about him damaging an item that people have died for, and tortured because.


An item, a symbol far grander, more purposeful, and more important than ANY of his DREAMS could ever be (let alone accomplish).


So there, I'm apologize that I took so many words to convey the extent of his imbecility.


Because honestly, I do not have any desire to make him seem like a fool.

Why should I take all that credit.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home