Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Why Anime is Good for the (Troubled and Depressed Soul)

(At least momentarily)



People often mock anime’s many flaws as something only dumb people watch.

Yet, these people often forget to some extent, we are all simply stupid.

We all have our own moronic guilty pleasures, they be it anime, food, celebrity gossip, pets.

But what make anime good for the soul is the sheer simplicity and often good faith that through hard work everything will be successful.

There is a general principle in every anime or manga, the hero or heroine will always break through despite their tragic flaws.

Through the help of devoted peers and kindness of elders, they prevail, and they prevail brilliantly and heart racingly so.

But then the CD stops playing, and we all see the brilliant blue sky in which everyday, people’s dreams,

their soul,

and their body break and so we are forced to see the true horrors of this world.

Aware of our mortality, I store my memories, aspirations on by desk neatly pilled. Glancing at it as a means to keep breathing, keep writing, keep living.

And so I toil, toil so furiously so despondently, so desperately. Toiling for a future I dream off, a future that I’m certain would probably never exist.

So why do I live?

Why do I strive, give my unwitting best?


Because I can’t stop.


Because I’m too much of a coward to simply let go.


Because if I let go, there will be nothing else to hold me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home